- Patient Guide
- Audio Test
- Audio and Video Setup
Luma Health Telehealth Patient Overview
Do you have a telehealth appointment coming up with your health care provider soon?
Here’s what you can expect:
1. 30 minutes before your appointment, you’ll receive a message with a link to the televisit room. When it’s time for your appointment, you’ll want to click on the link to get started.
2. 5 minutes before your appointment, you’ll get the message again just in case you missed it the first time.
3. Click the link to access your appointment! You will be placed in the virtual waiting room until the provider and/or care team enters the room.
4. Please note that your doctor will be joining you on video and will expect you to be on video as well. Please dress appropriately and ensure you are in an area where any private information you may share will be kept confidential.
Audio and Video Testing
To make sure you have a great televisit with your health care provider, you’ll want to make sure that the camera and microphone on your device are set up and ready. Here’s a quick link that will run a series of diagnostics on your device to verify that you are ready for your televisit:
Once all the tests pass, you will know that you are good to go.
If you don’t see a pop up asking for permission to access the camera and microphone, here’s how you’ll be able to enable permissions (skip to the section for the device/computer you are using):
|MacOS||Windows PC||iPad||iPhone||Android (phone/tablet)|
1. Make sure you are not incognito mode.
2. Open Chrome and select the Chrome menu, represented by three vertical dots in the top-right corner:
3. Select Settings:
4. Select Advanced at the bottom of the page:
5. Under the Privacy and security section, select Site settings:
6. Select either Camera or Microphone to access either setting:
1. Make sure you are not in private mode.
2. Click on Safari → Preferences
3. In the websites tab, make sure you have “When visiting other websites:” set to “Ask”. You can use “allow” but for security, we generally advise people to select ask, so that a prompt will come up requesting permission on a per website basis:
4. If Luma Health is under either Camera or Microphone, you’ll want to make sure it’s checked with permission.
1. Make sure you are not in a private tab.
2. From the settings menu, scroll down to Safari:
3. Scroll down to Camera / Microphone:
4. Under Camera / Microphone, select “Ask”
1. Make sure you are not in an incognito tab.
2. To the right of the address bar, tap More Settings.
3. Tap Site Settings:
4. Tap Microphone or Camera:
5. Make sure that both microphone and camera are toggled on: